Info for Providers
Global Child Care Services has an ongoing requirement for caregivers in the east and south ends of Ottawa to offer nurturing, stimulating, quality home child care.
This is a terrific self-employment opportunity that offers you the advantage of working in your own home while doing satisfying work which makes a difference in the lives of children and families in your community.
The Benefits of Working in Affiliation with Global Child Care Services
As a Provider, you will receive:
- Payment for your services directly from the agency
- A comprehensive Provider Reference Manual containing policies, forms and resources to guide you in delivering safe, high quality child care which meets the requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Regular visits from a Home Child Care Advisor
- Assistance with the placement of children and follow-up support with the integration of new children into your home
- Support and information on various childhood topics including child guidance, temper tantrums, toilet training and speech & language development
- A newsletter which features regular articles on incorporating the provincial Early Learning Framework into your home day care, and offers child-friendly recipes, craft/activity ideas and other information to help you plan your day care day
- Start-up Kits, Craft Kits, and other creative resources - free of charge
- Children’s activity kits are also available to borrow for use in your home day care
- Free workshops and professional development opportunities
- Access to agency-sponsored caregiver events and support in making connections with other caregivers in your community
Things to Consider before Applying to be a Provider with Global:
- Your home must be entirely smoke-free
- You cannot have an in-ground swimming pool, an above-ground swimming pool, a hot tub or a pond on your premises
- You must provide immunization for yourself and all persons ordinarily resident in your home (including proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all persons over 18 years of age).
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You will undergo a screening process which includes but is not limited to a criminal records check, personal references, an assessment of your child care experience and general suitability to the work of a home child care provider
- Your home/premises will undergo a thorough safety-check